Saturday, June 26, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
You are what you eat. Growing up you heard this time and time again, usually as a way to get you to eat better. What does that really mean? Well simply put if you eat healthy you will be healthy. We know that if we eat fatty foods we will gain weight, too much sugar could lead to diabetes, artificial stimulants disrupute our thought process, so why would we eat meat that is tortured, sickly, or raised in it's own filth?
Factory farming is not only cruel to animals, it is destructive to the enviroment and to our health. These animals are packed tightly together, in some instances unable to move, fattened, given antibiotics to prevent disease, live in filthy conditions(their own filth, feces, and the bugs that feed on it) and are often slaughtered in cruel ways. It also takes a toll on decent, hard working folks- from the family farms that it displaces to the people who are forced to work under these conditions. The Socially Responsible Agricultural Project has a website with links to various articles on the effects of factory farming here: http://www.sraproject.org/factoryfarms/issues/health/threats/
Now, all this being said the question is "what can I do about it?" At the present time we are trying to get an amendment to the Ohio Constitution which would require the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board to establish minimum humane standards for certain farm animals within six years after adoption of the amendment. If you would like to know more about this amendment, would like to sign the petition, or would like to get copies of the petition so you can do more you can contact us at Daytontribe@yahoo.com and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. This is only the first step in this struggle, and together we can make sure it's not the last.
Monday, May 3, 2010
- fri. may 7, 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 a.m.: We will be attending the art hop in the oregon district.
- weds. may 12 : We will be holding a flyer drop at one of the local colleges (date subject to change)
- sun. may 30th : Celebrating the birthday of a member of The Tribe.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
We as Tribal Anarchist believe that the only way we can really connect to each other as human beings is through The Tribe, a completely organic entity. Our Ancestors knew this and it comes across in their views on the innangard and the utangard, the innangard being the tribe and the greater community of the folk.
Now I will attempt to explain my beliefs as a Tribal Anarchist:
- Every ethnicity has the right to exist and maintain their people without intervention from outside forces, this includes people of European descent. In this modern day and age many people will attack this belief as racist, but this is just not so. It is good to have pride in yourself and your people and you should want to see your kin get ahead in life. This is socially acceptable and promoted amongst all "minority" groups, but is discouraged amongst Europeans.
- A strong family structure is the key to our survival as a people, for without the joining together of man and woman there is no future for our people. Again naysayers would attack this as being homophobic, but I find this ludicrous. I have absolutely no problem with what you do in your bedroom, as long as you don't push that on me.
- In his essay "The Idea of Integral Culture" Dr. Stephen Flowers proposed that there are four essential, identifiable categories that encompass culture(Tyr vol. 1), one of these is ethical. Amongst the things that this encompasses is religion. Spiritual strength is key to a healthy existence, and sound religious beliefs is necessary for true spiritual strength. I find spiritual strength in the way of my Ancestors, what I call the Folkway. This goes by many different names, including Asatru, Germanic Heathenism, Forn Sed, and Paganism. However, again, I do not discriminate, and there are those amongst us who follow christian gods, as well as other forms of spirituality.
- We hold mother earth near and dear to our hearts. We see in this modern world a complete lack of respect for nature, and the natural way of things. This manifests itself in toxic waste, pollution, littering, lack of desire to conserve energy, and an all around apathetic view towards the world around us. We ARE NOT above or separate from this earth, and as we kill it so we kill ourselves.
- Last, but certainly not least, we find our truest enemies in The Powers That Be. The bureaucrats in control have installed themselves as the new religions, they have taken on the powers of royalty. We seek to limit their powers to control us and meddle in our lives. We are anti-statist, anti-capitalist, anti-totalitarianism, and anti-imperialist. We oppose marxism, socialism, and nazism as well as any other form of government that seeks to control the people for it's own benefit. We are advocates of decentralization, the smaller the better. We are beyond Left or Right, we are Third Position. We don't wish to impose our way on others, and we don't want them imposing theirs on us.
The future, from the past